WE’LL COME TO YOU
Our attorney will travel to your home, or hospital, at your convenience and request.
Losing someone you love is a traumatic experience and dealing with insurance adjusters in a wrongful death claim can be frustrating and emotionally draining. When you have filed a wrongful death claim against a person or entity that you believe was responsible for your loved one’s death, typically, the negotiation process starts with a claims adjuster who works for the defendant’s liability insurance company. There are several reasons why it is a good idea to have a lawyer speak with the insurance adjuster who is working on your claim:
1. Insurance companies are in the business of making money. The insurance adjustor’s job is to settle your claim for as little as possible. Having a competent injury lawyer on your side will make sure you get the settlement you deserve.
2. You won’t have to wonder about whether a proposed settlement is fair. Adjusters will first make the lowest offer possible, hoping that you do not understand the full value of your damages. A seasoned attorney will look at the facts of your wrongful death claim and come up with an acceptable settlement range to use when evaluating any offers. The insurance adjuster won’t tell you that compensation may address more than medical expenses or funeral and burial costs. It can also include losses such as pain and suffering, future earning potential and damages associated with no longer having your loved one’s companionship. An experienced injury lawyer will make sure you are compensated for these losses as well.
3. Your attorney will make sure you cross your T’s and dot your I’s. If the adjuster comes up with a defense or discovers a weakness in your claim, he or she will make sure it is exploited so that your payout will be minimized. You must provide sufficient credible evidence and documentation. A seasoned wrongful death or injury lawyer will know what kind of documentation to present to get you the best settlement possible. The more convincing the evidence submitted to support the claim is, the likelihood of a favorable settlement will be much higher.
4. Engaging the assistance of a competent attorney can move the settlement process along more quickly. Your lawyer will make the adjuster aware that they will file a lawsuit if the insurance company does not offer a reasonable settlement, which makes the insurance company more apt to settle in a timely manner.
5. Your lawyer can take over communication and negotiations with the insurance adjuster, eliminating some of the stress you may have to deal regarding the death of your loved one. Seasoned wrongful death lawyers are familiar with the tactics employed by claims adjusters, and know how to deal with them accordingly.
It is impossible to put a monetary value on the lives of the ones we love, but enlisting the help of experienced lawyers who are well-versed in dealing with insurance adjusters will make sure you are justly compensated for your loved one’s wrongful death.
2530 Professional Parkway, Suite A, Santa Maria, California, 93455
127 El Paseo, Santa Barbara, California, 93101
297 Santa Rosa Street, San Luis Obispo, California, 93405
5500 Ming Avenue, Suite 390, Bakersfield, California, 93309